Sunday, June 01, 2008

What's up?

There were rare moments when, amidst the plethora of things in my head (most of which is work), I got to ask myself 'Dude, what's up?'

That's weird. But I find the question a valid one. In this life in which time has no other direction but to go forward (no time machine, unfortunately life is not science fiction), people really need to take a break and ask themselves what they are up to.

Some people are up for money, some for popularity, some for power, and many for all of the three mentioned - who doesn't want to be rich, popular, and powerful? All of us want to be better in one way or another, and this desire is not in any way bad.

While some people want to catch up with time (they are such stickler to their schedules), some choose to wait. I have chosen to wait several times. God knows how many minutes, hours, and even days I have wasted waiting for plants that did not flower and bear fruit(remember, I used to have a garden when I was young), people that didn't come, and dreams that didn't happen (I confess, I daydream a lot even during my classes in the University).

I'm tired of waiting. Now all I want to do is to ride with time, savor every second of it, make the best out of every ticking of the clock. No distractions. No what if's. No second thoughts.

I'm tired of waiting. I'm eager of what's ahead. I want to dive and make a big splash to the future.

----------

Sounds a bit emo? Well not really. I'm just refraining myself from writing another blog on politics and economics (as if I know anything much about them these days for all I do is work, work, and work... and some gimmick with friends).

No comments: