Thursday, September 03, 2009

Two months past mid-year and counting

It is officially the start of Christmas as the -ber months have arrived. Just this morning on my way to office, I heard that song that goes "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." It reminded me of the excitement which, as a child, I used to feel whenever I hanged socks in the Christmas tree and eagerly awaited for 'Santa' to leave his presents. My yaya of course would bring me to bed for afternoon siesta so my mom could put her sweets inside my socks. Those were the days of innocence.

Now that I am working and 20+ years old, Christmas for me means two different things. On the fun side, lots of parties are in line and a long holiday is slated at the end of the year. That's a welcome break to chill-out and go home. On the not-so-fun side are the expenses I will have to incur for presents. Talk about give-and-take relationship with friends. Will a simple Christmas greeting and my prayers suffice? Haha.

Two months past midyear, i got regularized. This means I am now a fully-fledged P&Ger. That was fast! What's ahead of me are months and years of an exciting career. Bring it on!

Next week, I am adopting a baby. He is white and I am yet to name him. Vroooooom!

2 comments:

domjullian said...

Lucky baby!

andrew said...

it's a girl.