Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Less than three hours more and the first day of 2008 dawns.

But before the year 2007 ends, I can't miss the chance of reminiscing how this exciting year has been.

During the 525,600 minutes that passed, many things happened. I got a job, met long-lost friends and new people, got a job, bought new clothes, traveled overseas, dreamed of new ambitions, climbed mountains, opened this multiply account, blah blah blah. The list goes on (and I don't want to appear too personal in this blog).

Time is terrific. No doubt Einstein was so into it. I tried studying his theory of relativity during my days in the university. It was totally surreal, but very sensible and brilliant. I'm now reading another book of Alan Lightman that talks about Einstein's obsession about time. Einstein's Dreams is a novel that tells of how the Nobel laureate conceptualized time and how he saw it in his dreams. It's fiction of course, but Lightman's knack for prose and poetry made the book at par with the genius's real thoughts. Surreal, but fascinating.

And now comes 2008. An interesting year for everyone: the US Presidential Election, The World Youth Day in Sydney, The Olympics in Beijing. And I am pretty sure more surprises will pop out as we go along the new year.

To everyone, have a blessed new year.

Cheers!

No comments: