Wednesday, December 31, 2008

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

This year, time really flew fast. It seems like only a few days ago when I was on the last-day-of-the-year mode for 2007. Surreal. All brought about by the workings of the Gregorian calendar that let us live twelve months a year.

In 2008, things came in a blink. But they never left in an instant, they lingered. Impressions, lessons, hobbies, and - best of all - friendships.

This year, I finally felt like I am my own man – or independent so to speak. For years I have been living far away from my parents. And now, starting my own career gives me the sense that I am driving my own brand new car. Planning ahead makes me freak out, but my being ambitious makes it a very exciting game. Career plans. Investments. Future commitments. Yayks.

I’m now a banker, but in the university I was trained to be a scientist. I took MBB – that is, Molecular Biology major in Banking (it’s so funny how it fits). Being a trained scientist, it always thrills me to try new things. This year, I was a fist-timer in a lot of stuff. Surfing, dragonboat racing, swimming in Manila Bay, food tripping in China town, running 10km in a race (sorry I am weak), trekking Pinatubo, drinking almost 7 days in a row, enrolling in a Spanish class and never finishing it (pero intiendo, hablo, escribo un poco español), booking and paying for plane tickets and cancelling it a few days before the flight, birthday by the beach, fish-feeding in Anilao, blah blah blah... and the list goes on.

For 2009, I expect life to be much more exciting. New things to try, new places to go, new people to meet, same old good friends who make such awesome company, career growth, and more money (hahaha).

I initially wanted to write my own comprehensive year-end report like my friends have done. However, it’s now 9:20 a.m. and – guess what – I have work today. C*t* never sleeps.

I’m off to work now, happy new year to all!

No comments: